OPPORTUNITY OF JOB PUBLICATION OFFICER GULF JOB
Publications Officer (PO) is an integral part of the team with overall responsibility for digitizing, managing, distributing and archiving all technical data and associated publications used by the MRO (part 145) and the design (part21J) organizations.
He/She is accountable to the Manager Publications & Records (MP&R) and leads a team of administrators. PO is responsible for activities which directly influence the regulatory compliance and quality of the engineering organization. He/She ensures that the team maintains compliance with the current regulation by functioning in accordance with the Technical Procedures (TPM), Exposition Manuals (MOE), Design Organization Handbook (DOH) and Procedures (DOP). PO possesses specialist knowledge and experience in publications management as applicable to EASA/GCAA and FAA regulation.
- Responsible to ensure that all technical publications & associated data are current and applicable to EY or 3rd party operators undergoing maintenance at Etihad Engineering
- Responsible to ensure that current technical publications & associated data as applicable to EY or 3rd party operators are dispatched / uploaded to EY line stations within the agreed KPI.
- Responsible to ensure that all maintenance manuals are current and applicable to the capabilities and approvals held by EYEng workshops.
- Manage the E Doc publication management database and ensure that all publications are uploaded or superseded within agreed KPI.
- Manage the repository of all organization reference manuals, forms and templates
- Ensure that the most current copy of regulatory publications and standards are available for reference
- Responsible to ensure that all technical data and publications are accurately managed in accordance with the company’s MOE, TPM, DOH, DOP and are in compliance to the applicable regulation
- Manage the payments for subscriptions are made in a timely manner and ensure that cost are within budget.
- Assist MP&R to analyze and respond to nonconformance reports raised by Quality Department, Airworthiness Authorities and/or Customers. Implement the necessary corrective and preventive action within stipulated time frame.
- Deploy and manage available resources to meet organization objectives. Carry out short term resource planning to meet business unit objectives.
- Lead and motivate a professional team to manage technical data and publications in line with the cost, quality, compliance and performance standards of the engineering organization.
- Assist MP&R to provide daily/weekly reporting to the HETS identifying the status of technical records archiving process. Ensure adequate follow up action is initiated to obtain revised data and publications
- Actively participate in the development and improvement of technical procedures, capabilities and skills
- Assist MP&R to review performance objectives and competency assessment on quarterly basis for all staff in accordance with Etihad’s Performance Management process.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Similar Business Related Discipline
- 4+ Years of acceptable overall industry experience of which at least 2 years in in an EASA/GCAA part 145 & part M environment (equivalent FAA experience is acceptable) required
- Specialist understanding of the EASA/CAR Ops and EASA/CAR Part M and Part 145 regulations and EASA/CAR21 processes. (equivalent FAA experience is acceptable) required.
- Willingness for permanent education is expected, to secure up-to-date understanding of current and anticipated aircraft design principals and airworthiness regulation.
- Computer Software Skills: ERM software (cMRO, AMOS, TRAX, etc.), data management software (edoc or equivalent), MS OFFICE.
- English fluently in speaking and writing.
To apply for this Job Click here